We provide assistance crafting and creating your methodology section. We start with a suggestions document that assesses the reliability and validity of your survey tools, clarifies and focuses your research questions, assists with sample size determination, and specifies your qualitative or quantitative data analysis.
For clients working with us on their methods section, the procedure usually goes as follows:
- We first review your prospectus, concept paper, or proposal, to learn the general aims of your study.
- Next, we discuss your study with you via phone and/or email (whichever you prefer) to be sure that we are clear on what you wish to accomplish.
- At this point, we create a document for you with our thoughts and suggestions on how to best create your methodology so as to achieve your goals in the most efficient and effective way. From the beginning of the process, it ordinarily takes us approximately 3 days to send this suggestions document to you.
- After a little back and forth on the planned methodology (again via your choice of phone, email, or both), we work with you to assist in the creation of a draft of your methods. This entire step ordinarily takes an additional 2-3 days from the point at which we agree on the main issues and begin writing.
Included in all of the methodologies we work on are the following areas (as they apply to your study):
- Definitions of your variables
- Creation of research questions and testable hypotheses
- A data analysis plan which lays out the statistical methods that will be used in the study
- Validity and reliability of your constructs
- Power analysis to determine the optimal/required sample size
For each client, once we’ve helped with the finalization of the draft of your methods section, we work with you seamlessly through all revision requests and questions-and-answers from your committee, and we will continue working with you until your committee approves the section.